Ten Wishes for my Birthday. . . lol
A birthday recently passed and did the usual things – a dinner or two. Checked out two shows featuring some of my favorite acts. In short an enjoyable week.
As is often the case with a birthday, I have found myself pondering those things I would love to get but just will not happen.
If nothing else, I can list them here. All relate to in some fashion to music and rock & roll. . .
1. The need for more green. . olive green rock tee-shirts. Brown and red tee-shirts are good too. I am tired of black rock tee-shirts. Honestly, it is rare i find a shirt I really like.
2. The recent recordings/ album of the now defunct Glorious Revolution.
3. In that same vein I imagine a joint effort featuring Karen Curious on vocals and Bernie Torme doing the guitar on Karen’s tune, Rising Sun.
4. A venue up in White Plains, the size of the Vintage, perhaps not as nicely furnished but with a nice big bar, a good kitchen and a solid stage, and sound and light system.
5. An investment fund that would allow for such a place and the money to properly advertise and promote the shows in it. It simply takes money to make money.
6. Ideally a group of investors who could stand behind such a venue, and the artists and musicians performing there.
7. A road trip down to Florida to catch up with a buddy and check out LA Guns, who are playing down there soon enough.
8. Another trip over to the UK to check out a 2nd Bernie Torme show. Especially considering that he will be out on tour this fall supporting his new CD, Flowers and Dirt.
9. An iPhone that can load all my music. Got another year on my contract. . .
10. Dinner with my wife Joanna and son Philip, who also has a birthday happening soon enough. Oh wait, this one is no longer a wish. . . dined with them tonight at the Lucky Buddha.
The list could go on but some of these truly are doable. They may not be given to me on a silver platter, but that makes them more desirable. Time will tell. In some respects they are pretty boring. . . but I figured I would not get into Dana Danger and the like, etc. . .