Ten Wishes for my Birthday. . . lol
A birthday recently passed and did the usual things – a dinner or two. Checked out two shows featuring some of my favorite acts. In short an enjoyable week.
As is often the case with a birthday, I have found myself pondering those things I would love to get but just will not happen.
If nothing else, I can list them here. All relate to in some fashion to music and rock & roll. . .
1. The need for more green. . olive green rock tee-shirts. Brown and red tee-shirts are good too. I am tired of black rock tee-shirts. Honestly, it is rare i find a shirt I really like.
2. The recent recordings/ album of the now defunct Glorious Revolution.
4. A venue up in White Plains, the size of the Vintage, perhaps not as nicely furnished but with a nice big bar, a good kitchen and a solid stage, and sound and light system.
5. An investment fund that would allow for such a place and the money to properly advertise and promote the shows in it. It simply takes money to make money.
6. Ideally a group of investors who could stand behind such a venue, and the artists and musicians performing there.
7. A road trip down to Florida to catch up with a buddy and check out LA Guns, who are playing down there soon enough.
9. An iPhone that can load all my music. Got another year on my contract. . .
10. Dinner with my wife Joanna and son Philip, who also has a birthday happening soon enough. Oh wait, this one is no longer a wish. . . dined with them tonight at the Lucky Buddha.
The list could go on but some of these truly are doable. They may not be given to me on a silver platter, but that makes them more desirable. Time will tell. In some respects they are pretty boring. . . but I figured I would not get into Dana Danger and the like, etc. . .